Handgun Fundamentals and Foundations
The HANDGUN FUNDAMENTALS COURSE is a foundational training course for anyone considering owning or carrying a firearm for self defense, or for individuals who simply want to learn more about handguns.
- Recommended for: Beginner or Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Number of students: 12-15
- Class Length: 3.0 hrs classroom (only)
- Location: Classes held in Ovilla, TX. Contact us to schedule a private class at your location.
- Date and Time: Choose one of our pre-scheduled sessions, or contact us
- Cost: $65
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER.....
The course fee includes:
- 3.0 hours of Classroom Instruction based on the text book mentioned above, supplemented by videos, instructor demonstrations, and active exercises.
- An official Course Completion Certificate will be awarded to all participants who successfully complete the course.
Lesson Topics Include:
Lesson One: SELF-DEFENSE FIREARMS BASICS
» Four Universal Safety Rules
» Properly Clearing Semi-Automatics and Revolvers
» Safety Considerations
» Understanding the Different Types of Handguns
» How the Handgun Actually Works (and Why)
» Understanding Ammunition, Ballistics, Take Down Factor, Gauge & Calibers
Lesson Two: DEFENSIVE HANDGUN FUNDAMENTALS
» Proper Grip
» Stance and Balance
» Sighted, Unsighted, and Point Shooting
» Trigger Control
» The Dynamic Characteristics of a Defensive Shooting Incident
Lesson Three: GEAR AND GADGETS
» Types of Holsters and Carry Positions
» Other Gear Including Belts, Lights and Lasers
» Proper (Safe) Gun Storage
Lesson Four: BASIC AND ADVANCED SKILLS
» Properly and Safely Conducting Dry Fire Exercises
» Self-Led and Instructor-Led Range Exercises from Beginner to Expert
» Developing Your Training Program
Bonus Session: VIRTUAL RANGE
» Practice what you've learned with our state-of-the-art laser training pistols
» Learn at-home practice techniques that are safe and fun
» Gain confidence in your basic handgun operational skills