Handgun Fundamentals and Personal Defense
The HANDGUN FUNDAMENTALS AND PERSONAL DEFENSE COURSE is a foundational training course for anyone considering owning or carrying a firearm for self defense, or for individuals who simply want to learn more about handguns.
This course uses curriculum developed by renowned Firearms Trainer and USCCA Vice President, Michael Martin.
- Recommended for: Beginner or Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Number of students: 12-15
- Class Length: 3.0 hrs classroom (only)
- Location: Classes held in Ovilla, TX. Contact us to schedule a private class at your location.
- Date and Time: Choose one of our pre-scheduled sessions, or contact us
- Cost: $65
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER.....
The course fee includes:
- 3.0 hours of Classroom Instruction based on the text book mentioned above, supplemented by videos, instructor demonstrations, and active exercises.
- An official USCCA Course Completion Certificate will be awarded to all participants who successfully complete the course.
- Copy of Michael Martin's 200+ page text book, Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals. This is an invaluable resource for your home defense training and planning.
No live ammunition is permitted in the classroom.
Lesson Topics Include:
Lesson One: SELF-DEFENSE FIREARMS BASICS
» Four Universal Safety Rules
» Properly Clearing Semi-Automatics and Revolvers
» Safety Considerations
» Understanding the Different Types of Handguns
» How the Handgun Actually Works (and Why)
» Understanding Ammunition, Ballistics, Take Down Factor, Gauge & Calibers
Lesson Two: DEFENSIVE SHOOTING FUNDAMENTALS
» Proper Grip
» Stance and Balance
» Sighted, Unsighted, and Point Shooting
» Trigger Control
» The Dynamic Characteristics of a Defensive Shooting Incident
Lesson Three: GEAR AND GADGETS
» Types of Holsters and Carry Positions
» Other Gear Including Belts, Lights and Lasers
» Proper (Safe) Gun Storage
Lesson Four: BASIC AND ADVANCED SKILLS
» Properly and Safely Conducting Dry Fire Exercises
» Self-Led and Instructor-Led Range Exercises from Beginner to Expert
» What's Next?
Bonus Session: VIRTUAL RANGE
» Practice what you've learned with our state-of-the-art laser training pistols
» Learn at-home practice techniques that are safe and fun
» Gain confidence in your basic handgun operational skills